Underground and Aboveground Storage Tank (UST/AST) Training
Our 2-Day UST/AST training course is valuable for those responsible for purchasing, installing, or managing underground and aboveground storage tanks.
Gain A Solid Understanding of Storage Tank Management Requirements.
Storage of chemicals, wastes, flammable and combustible liquids, and other materials in tanks is subject to detailed and stringent requirements. Changing regulations and the overlapping requirements of various agencies, regulatory programs, and industry standards further complicate compliance management.
This unique course is designed for those responsible for purchasing, installing, or managing underground and aboveground storage tanks, including tanks used for vehicle fueling, heating oil, emergency generators, chemical storage, and other uses. Environmental professionals, fuel managers, consultants, engineers, and others completing this course consistently recognize the value of this focused training.
The Tanks Compliance Manager™ course is presented by instructors with many years of firsthand experience with the realities of storage tank installation and compliance management. The course covers recent and upcoming changes to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Subpart I, underground storage tank regulations (40 CFR 280); spill prevention control and countermeasures (SPCC) tank requirements (40 CFR 112); effects of the 2005 Energy Bill, enforcement policy changes, and other developments. Course handout materials form a useful desk book for later reference.
What’s covered in the course?
You will gain a solid understanding of storage tank management requirements that can be immediately applied to storage tanks at any facility or installation.
Topics Covered Include:
- Aboveground tank requirements and industry standards
- Underground storage tank regulations and industry standards
- Typical installations
- SPCC tank requirements
- Monitoring and leak detection
- Inventory reconciliation
- Inspection and maintenance
- Closure and investigation
- Special considerations for hazardous substances and wastes
Course Agendas are subject to change
Day One: 8:15 AM – 4:15 PM
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Regulations – 40 CFR Part 280
- Proposed Changes to 40 CFR 280 – How will this impact tank owners?
- Components of UST Systems
- UST System Release Release Detection
- UST System Corrosion Protection
- UST System Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements
- UST System Temporary & Permanent Closure
Day Two: 8:15 AM – 3:00 PM
- Aboveground Storage Tank (AST) Regulatory Framework
- AST Emergency Venting & Overfill Protection
- AST Standards & Industry Codes
- 40 CFR 112 – Oil Pollution Prevention (SPCC Rule)
- Example SPCC Plan for a Tier 1 Facility
Bill Decker, PE, is a registered professional engineer in 32 States and has extensive environmental regulatory compliance experience related to underground and aboveground storage tank management and compliance. He has more than 25 years as a certified tank inspector. Mr. Decker shares his extensive practical tank management experience as part of this course.